10. Titian - 'Diana And Actaeon'
'Diana and Actaeon' by Italian renaissance painter Titian was purchased jointly for $91 million in a private sale in 2009.
9. Pablo Picasso - 'Dora Maar Au Chat'
"Dora Maar au chat" by Pablo Picasso was purchased in 2006 by an anonymous buyer for $95.2 million.
8. Andy Warhol - 'Eight Elvises'
Eight Elvises' by pop artist Andy Warhol fetched $100 million in a private sale in 2008
7. Pablo Picasso - 'Garçon A La Pipe'
Pablo Picasso's "Garçon a la pipe" sold for $104.1 million in 2004 at a Sotheby's auction.
6. Giacometti - 'Walking Man I'
When 'Walking Man I' by sculptor Giacometti was sold for $104.3 million at Sotheby's in 2010, it was the most expensive art work purchased at auction to date.
5. Pablo Picasso - 'Nude, Green Leaves And Bust'
Pablo Picasso's 'Nude, Green Leaves And Bust' sold at auction for $106.5 million in 2010. It's currently the most expensive piece of art sold at auction.
4. Gustav Klimt - 'Adele Bloch-Bauer I'
"Adele Bloch-Bauer I" by Gustav Klimt was purchased privately for $135 million in 2006.
3. Willem De Kooning - 'Woman III'
Willem De Kooning's "Woman III" was bought privately in 2006 for $137.5 million
2. Jackson Pollack - 'Number 5, 1948'
Number 5, 1948" by Jackson Pollack was sold for $140 million in 2006 in a private sale.
1. Paul Cézanne - 'The Card Players'
A version of Paul Cézanne's "The Card Players" was sold privately this year for $250 million.